Intruder alert

I have been having pain in my chest and back for some time now. I had thought it was just stress so I would pop a few Tylenol, put on the heated seats in the car and carry on with my day. 

After much nagging from Boris, I went to the Medicentre. Without even touching me, he told me I had gallstones and sent me off with a requisition for an ultrasound.  

One week later, I had my abdomen ultrasound (holding one of the Great Lakes worth of water in my stomach) and they took A LOT of pictures.  Only one was where my gallbladder is but she was obviously new cause she kept stepping out to ask the doctor on staff questions.  

I had asked for my results to be sent to my family doctor who called me the very next day to come in to talk about my results. Wednesday’s are so busy at work and so I made an appointment for Friday afternoon. These little buggers have been in there for months so they could wait a few days. 

What happened next has put me in such a fog for a week now.  Friday afternoon I went to see the best family doctor anyone could ask for and he sat me down and told me that there is gallstones but they are small and insignificant.  His primary concern was the 22cm tumour that is in my abdomen....that is why the ultrasound tech was taking so many pictures and getting advice.  I asked if he was sure and if it could be all the gum I have swallowed throughout my life. Nope. It is big!  It is the size of a can of baked beans!!!


He was going to send me for an urgent MRI that could take up to 2 weeks to get in.  He also sent me with a requisition for some blood work that I needed to go and get done. I left in such a fog. It was not at all what I was expecting on this day.

My doctor’s MOA, Julie Ann (we are now best friends) called me on Monday and she got me an appointment for the next day.  Well now my brain is spiralling. Getting in the very next day is fast and I am instantly thinking worse case scenario.   Side bar: some brilliant humans created this life saving piece of machinery which I am forever grateful but dear me, could they have made the noises less intense and more quiet?  I did my part for the MRI; I stayed super still and held my breath when they asked for 30 minutes.  I am told my doctor will get the results in 3-5 days. 

Wednesday morning Julie Ann calls me and tells me that the results are in and to come see them this afternoon. I call Boris and we go see my doctor.  The MRI shows the tumour is bigger than the ultrasound indicated and it is actually 30 cm in diameter from my pelvis to my chest and that I am being referred to an oncologist who specializes in ovarian at the Cross Cancer Institute and that I should hear from them in 2-4 weeks.

The next day Julie Ann calls to tell me that they need more bloodwork at the CCI before they will make the appointment.  Ugh I am practically a zombie now from all the blood that has been taken this past week.  That afternoon I got the call and my appointment at the CCI is 6 days away...next Wednesday. 

I am super impressed with the speed this is all happening but I am also freaking out how fast this is all happening.

Because I am obviously a physician with access to the World Wide Web; I have diagnosed myself as having a large Oviarian Cyst and it is not cancer.  That is what I am believing and will continue to think that until told otherwise.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panties, Poop and other potty items

Day 1 and I hate you Heather

Post just for Darcy