I have always hated Watermelons

I had my oncologist appointment yesterday at the Cross Cancer Institute.  

I got to put on this sexy attire that is rapidly becoming my new uniform.


Dr. Wells is so clear, calm and I feel completely confident putting my care in her hands.

Turns out this tumour is the size of a small watermelon and not possible to get biopsies done while in me as it would not give accurate results.  The plan is to filet me open from pelvic to mid chest and get it out and remove all my lady bits to prevent a possible second surgery or a reoccurrence.  While I lay open, they will send a sample to test but the true accurate results won’t be for weeks due to the size.

Dr. Wells told us based on my blood work and the MRI that this is benign or borderline so we are cautiously optimistic.

My surgery is going to be scheduled for the first week of August and hopefully this will be the end of this ordeal after recovery. If not, then I will lift up my chin and take on the next step but for now....let’s smash this melon!




Comments

Tammy said…
love you girl... you got this ...
Lori awde said…
Chantel I know nothing anyone can say will help. I have always looked for that right word to say. I do know a couple things. as scary as the cross cancer is you are in the best hands. They r all wonderful people . The other thing is everyone of your friends & family will send prayers the biggest support for you. We will all be there for you. You are a strong positive person you’ll need that. never change who you are don’t let this define you one of the most amazing women I know. Stay strong

Popular posts from this blog

Panties, Poop and other potty items

Tonight is the night!

Day 1 and I hate you Heather