Eat Pray Love...The Chantal Version

 
I love me a good empower the woman/search for what you believe in story.

If you don't know, Eat Pray Love is about a woman who pursues the things she thinks will bring her happiness.

One of my dearest friends, Carly, took a great leap and drove across Canada to live for six months or more.  I am incredibly proud of her.  It takes a lot of courage to take that plunge and do the drive.

I remember when I read the book wondering if I had that option and who are we kidding, bravery, to leave the comforts of my everyday life behind and pursue what I believe is my own happiness, where would I go and what would I pursue?

I love Europe but I couldn't live there.  There is no order and people are so relaxed there...that alone would give me an meltdown.

Backpacking or living in small little unique places is not something that interests me. 

An attempt to visit every city/airport that has a Starbucks would be really cool and while that wouldn't exactly be a pursuit of happiness per say...I would be completely energized for the entire trip and would complete my Starbuck mug collection.  Hmmm...maybe I could visit every Disney park at the same time.

I think working for Disney would be amazing but at the end of the day, a job is still a job, regardless who signs your cheques.  Do you think Mickey signs the cheques?
 
At the end of the day, I couldn't imagine my life in any other way and while it is not perfect, I have found my pursuit of happiness.  Not a day goes by where someone in my family doesn't make me smile.  None of us are drones (even though I think Owen would love to be a Star Wars drone) and we are all unique and that makes our everyday life that much more entertaining and fulfilling.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panties, Poop and other potty items

Post just for Darcy

Day 1 and I hate you Heather