Surgery is upon us

I am a few days late but the last few have been pretty Dilaudid heavy so while it may have been funny to read, I don’t know how much sense it would have been.  Yesterday had something to do with giants and McDonalds giggling but it is all a blur...

The surgery according to my oncologist went perfect.  They got the whole tumour out and were happy that the decision was made to do a complete hysterectomy also as a small cyst was also on the left ovary. The preliminary biopsy came back all benign and the parts that were borderline were still benign and no staging. 

The news is great and now I can focus on my healing. The scar is grande!  The stitches hurt a lot. We should play a game: don’t use your stomach muscle for 5 minutes....YOU CAN’T!  If it was just horizontal, I would still have parts that wouldn’t be affected but the incision went vertical and it hurts to pee, walk, breathe, cough, pretty much anything. 

When I was delivering my boys, I thought my dignity went down the drain...oh this brings it to a whole new level.  I have to show them my urine every time!  I need to pass gas and count it.  A little about me...I hate gas and now I need to chart it????  Thinking of making them a run graph but I don’t know if the nurses would find that funny. I have not poo’d yet so that is a little nerve wracking but they gave me some relaxa so hopefully my relaxed poo will grace me with his presence soon.  

I want to go home and be with my family. I am crying like a baby and I don’t know if it is pain, hormones, or because I really miss my family...either way, crossing fingers at rounds time, I can go home.






Comments

Suz said…
Lots of love Chantal. What great news! Hugs!!!
Debbii said…
Love the meme! You seem to have stayed positive through the ordeal, that's a big part of the healing process. I'm so glad you are on the road to recovery now!!

Popular posts from this blog

Panties, Poop and other potty items

Day 1 and I hate you Heather

I have always hated Watermelons